Wavetrac BMW M2/M3/M4 ABT LSD Built Differential (F87/F80/F82)
Wavetrac ABT LSD Built Differential for the BMW F87 M2, F80 M3 and F82 M4 replaces the 'snappy' and failure-prone factory E-LSD with the most technologically advanced ATB LSD available on the market, with the patent-protected features its design delivers performance and longevity like no other.
The F8X M cars are manufactured with a friction-welded ring gear and an electronically locking plate differential. This can cause some headaches for installation concerning vehicle downtime while the factory differential/ring gear is separated by precisely machining the parts away. However, for Wavetrac, it is something they have been doing since BMW originally began welding the ring gears back in '07.
Each pre-assembled exchange axle comes complete with the following:
- Wavetrac ATB LSD
- OE BMW Ring Gear Bolts
- New, Genuine BMW Axle Seals
- Backlash Setup to OE Tolerances
- Precisely Machined Ring Gear
- Blanking Plate for E-LSD Motor
You will need to spec oil, for this application we advise for Motul Competiton 75w140 and you will need to code out the factory E-LSD in the electronic control unit, Wavetrac can do this in-house, specialist installers can do this too.
The exchange process is a simple 2-step process you can find below.
- Pay for the product + the exchange deposit and Wavetrac will send out to you a 30.309.160WKM234
- Wavetrac will then refund the exchange deposit if a complete, usable (in good working order) axle is received within 10 working days. Axles which require maintenance/repair to be put into service or are not in working order will not be refunded. Before sending your axle to Wavetrac, remove the electronic motor as they do not need this.
- BMW F87 M2 (N55) Coupe (2016-2018)
- BMW F87 M2 Competition (S55) Coupe (2018-2020)
- BMW F80 M3 Saloon (2014-2018)
- BMW F82 M4 Coupe (2014-2020)
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all products sold by R44 Performance Limited are designated Race Only and are solely for competition/off road use limited to racing formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, may be in violation of local, state, and Federal laws. R44 Performance Limited does not implicitly or explicitly confirm the legality of using any products it sells on public roads; that is entirely the responsibility of the consumer.
We get a large number of custom orders and requests everyday, so as a result it is not always possible for us to keep every item in stock at all times in our warehouse. If you require the item urgently please contact our sales team here to check the stock before you make your purchase.
We totally understand if you're not certain a part will be compatible with your car, so we highly recommend contacting us here with your query. Our friendly sales team will then be in touch to confirm if this part is the correct part you are looking for.
All in stock products ship the same day if ordered before 2pm GMT
For out of stock items we will contact you with an estimated wait time if not otherwise specified above.
We offer worldwide shipping on all products. If upon receiving your product you wish to return; we offer a 30-day returns policy. For our in-depth returns information please follow the link. "R44 Returns Policy
All of our products come with a standard warranty of 1-3 years. This is dependant on the type of product however. For more details please see our warranty page here.